CS/CS/CS/SB 166: Foreclosure Proceedings
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Judiciary ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist
Foreclosure Proceedings; revises procedures & requirements for judicial sales; provides for disbursement of surplus funds after judicial sale; provides for sale or assignment of rights to surplus funds in property subject to foreclosure; provides qualifications for appointment as surplus trustee by Financial Services Dept.; specifies service charges for clerks of court for administering judicial sales & surplus funds, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 4/28/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Read second time -SJ 00681; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00681; Substituted HB 65 -SJ 00682; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 65 (Ch. 2006-175)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00053; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S; CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00193; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00180; Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/28/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00355; CS read first time on 03/30/06 -SJ 00357
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00355
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 37-S
• CS/CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00581; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00582
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Read second time -SJ 00681; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00681; Substituted HB 65 -SJ 00682; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 65 (Ch. 2006-175)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.