CS/CS/CS/SB 1826: Biomedical Research
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Education ; Health Care ; Saunders ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Klein ; Rich
Biomedical Research; authorizes use of funds in Biomedical Research Trust Fund for purposes of William G. "Bill" Bankhead, Jr., & David Coley Cancer Research Program; revises goal of Fla. Cancer Council; authorizes Legislature to annually appropriate funds for said research program; provides that purpose of Fla. Public Health Foundation is to provide services to DOH; redistributes certain funds collected from taxes on alcoholic beverages, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $9,000,000.
Last Action: 4/26/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00577; Read second time -SJ 00557; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00558; Substituted HB 1027 -SJ 00561; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1027 (Ch. 2006-182)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Care; Education; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Health Care; Education; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00148
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 03/15/06, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by Health Care; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00260; CS read first time on 03/16/06 -SJ 00266
• Now in Education -SJ 00260; On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/21/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00317; CS read first time on 03/23/06 -SJ 00319
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00317
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 110-S
• CS/CS/CS by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00398; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00409
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00398
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00447
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00447
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00577; Read second time -SJ 00557; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00558; Substituted HB 1027 -SJ 00561; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1027 (Ch. 2006-182)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.