CS/CS/SB 192: Prison Industries
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Prison Industries; creates Prison Industries Task Force within Office of Legislative Services; requires task force to determine how well prison industries program has fulfilled its statutory mission & purpose; specifies duties of task force re taking testimony; abolishes task force on future date; requires that employee of corporation defined in specified provision be deemed employee of state for purposes of W.C. insurance, etc. Amends 946.505,.510.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 02/15/06, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00055; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00192; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 02/15/06, 2:00 pm, 110-S; CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00181; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 37-S
• CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00581; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00583
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00639; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00639; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00639
• Read third time -SJ 00669; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00669
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 01211
• Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.