CS/CS/SB 2018: Pretrial Release
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Criminal Justice ; Wise
Pretrial Release; provides that any judge setting or granting bail shall set separate bail amount for each charge or offense; requires defendant to comply with all conditions of pretrial release; provides that in cases in which bond forfeiture has been discharged by court, amount of judgment may not exceed amount of unpaid fees or costs upon which discharge had been conditioned, etc. Amends 903.02,.047,.27,.31.
Last Action: 5/3/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00930; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00930; Substituted HB 827 -SJ 00930; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 827 (Ch. 2006-279)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00160
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/29/06, 3:30 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00355; CS read first time on 03/30/06 -SJ 00360
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00355
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/19/06, 1:30 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00534; CS read first time on 04/21/06 -SJ 00536
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00534
• Withdrawn from Justice Appropriations -SJ 00738; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00930; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00930; Substituted HB 827 -SJ 00930; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 827 (Ch. 2006-279)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.