CS/CS/CS/SB 2020: Speed Limit/State Roads/Penalty Zone
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Transportation ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist
Speed Limit/State Roads/Penalty Zone; provides legislative intent; creates pilot program for establishment by DOT of enhanced penalty zones on state roads in certain counties; authorizes dept. to set speed limits within enhanced penalty zones; prohibits operation of vehicle at speed greater than that posted in said zone; directs HSMV to tabulate citations issued within said zones & make available certain info.; specifies criteria for posting in construction zone, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/3/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00937; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00937; Substituted HB 1465 -SJ 00937; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1465 (Ch. 2006-296)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00160
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/14/06, 12:30 pm, 37-S
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00260; CS read first time on 03/16/06 -SJ 00267
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00260
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/29/06, 3:30 pm, 37-S
• CS/CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00355; CS read first time on 03/30/06 -SJ 00361
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00355
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 110-S
• CS/CS/CS by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00503; CS read first time on 04/20/06 -SJ 00508
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00503
• Withdrawn from Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00738; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00937; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00937; Substituted HB 1465 -SJ 00937; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1465 (Ch. 2006-296)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.