CS/SB 206: Firearms/Motor Vehicle
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Peaden ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Posey ; Bennett ; Baker ; Saunders
Firearms/Motor Vehicle; amends specified provision re lawful ownership, possession, & use of firearms & other weapons; authorizes employee or invitee in lawful possession of firearm to transport & store firearm in motor vehicle under certain conditions; authorizes employer or its lessor to prohibit employee or invitee from transporting, storing, or possessing firearm under certain conditions when reasonably necessary for safety & welfare, etc. Amends 790.25.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Died in Committee on Judiciary
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Commerce and Consumer Services; Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Commerce and Consumer Services; Judiciary -SJ 00056; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/19/06, 1:30 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 00502; CS read first time on 04/20/06 -SJ 00504
• Now in Commerce and Consumer Services -SJ 00502; On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 04/25/06, 11:30 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 00578; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00578
• Died in Committee on Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.