CS/CS/SB 214: Dart-Firing Stun Guns/Training & Use
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King ; Siplin
Dart-Firing Stun Guns/Training & Use; defines term "dart-firing stun gun" for purposes of provisions re weapons & firearms; provides circumstances during which law enforcement, correctional, & correctional probation officers may employ said gun; requires certain officers who have not received training in use of said stun-guns & who are authorized to carry said stun-guns to receive training; requires annual training for certain officers, etc. Amends Ch. 790; creates 943.1717.
Last Action: 6/26/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-298
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/09/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00056; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 11/09/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S; CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00181; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 37-S
• CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00399; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00400
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Read second time -SJ 00440
• Read third time -SJ 00484; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00486; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00486
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00992
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 303 -HJ 01087; Read second time -HJ 01087; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01087, -HJ 01119; Was taken up -HJ 01119
• Read third time -HJ 01175; CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01175
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01080; CS passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 01080; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01080
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-298
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.