CS/CS/SB 2216: Hazard Mitigation
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Environmental Preservation ; Clary
Hazard Mitigation; authorizes agency, political subdivision, or municipality having jurisdiction over impacted area to install rigid coastal armoring structures; specifies conditions under which sand filled tubes or similar structures may be authorized as core of restored dune feature; defines term "coastal high-hazard area"; requires local governments & developers to enter into certain agreements, etc. Amends 161.085, 163.3178,.336, 381.0065.
Last Action: 5/1/2006 Senate - Substituted HB 1359 -SJ 00728; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1359 (Ch. 2006-68)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Domestic Security; Environmental Preservation; Regulated Industries; General Government Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Domestic Security; Environmental Preservation; Regulated Industries; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00176
• On Committee agenda-- Domestic Security, 03/15/06, 9:00 am, 301-S
• Favorable by Domestic Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00276
• Now in Environmental Preservation -SJ 00276
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation, 03/27/06, 3:30 pm, 401-S
• CS by Environmental Preservation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00329; CS read first time on 03/29/06 -SJ 00342
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 00329
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/18/06, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00447
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00447; On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 301-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00653
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00647
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00696; Read second time -SJ 00674; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00674; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00675
• Substituted HB 1359 -SJ 00728; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1359 (Ch. 2006-68)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.