CS/CS/SB 276: Justice for Justin Act
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Baker ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith ; Posey ; Crist ; Bennett ; Atwater
Justice for Justin Act; creates "Justin McWilliams 'Justice For Justin' Act"; requires driver of vehicle involved in crash occurring on public or private property that results in injury of person to immediately stop vehicle & remain at scene; provides that failure to stop vehicle & remain at scene by driver of vehicle involved in crash occurring on public or private property which results in death of person is first-degree felony, etc. Amends 316.027, 921.0022.
Last Action: 4/19/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Substituted HB 155 -SJ 00440; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 155 (Ch. 2006-225)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/07/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00061; On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 02/07/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00191; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00191; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00236; CS read first time on 03/15/06 -SJ 00246
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00236
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 37-S
• CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00399; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00400
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00446; Substituted HB 155 -SJ 00440; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 155 (Ch. 2006-225)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.