CS/SB 500: School Grading System
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Wise
School Grading System; adds feeder pattern schools to list of schools that receive school grade; prescribes circumstances in which feeder pattern exists; authorizes students served by feeder pattern schools to participate in Opportunity Scholarship Program; authorizes feeder pattern schools to participate in Fla. School Recognition Program. Amends 1002.38, 1008.34,.36.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Died in Committee on Education Appropriations, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7087 (Ch. 2006-74)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/11/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Education Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education; Judiciary; Education Appropriations -SJ 00075; On Committee agenda-- Education, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 110-S; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/11/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S; CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00184; Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00194
• Also referred to Ways and Means -SJ 00324
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 412-K --Not considered
• Died in Committee on Education Appropriations, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 7087 (Ch. 2006-74)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.