CS/SB 526: Juvenile Defendants/Public Defender
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist ; Wilson
Juvenile Defendants/Public Defender; requires that public defender represent indigent child taken into custody under specified delinquency provisions; requires that child be represented at specified point in delinquency court proceedings unless right to counsel is waived after receiving advice of counsel; requires that court appoint counsel for said child if child's parent or legal guardian is alleged victim in case, etc. Amends 27.51, 985.203.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Judiciary (JC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/11/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00076; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 01/11/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S; CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00184; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00447
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00447
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00533; Read second time -SJ 00525
• Read third time -SJ 00546; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00546
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Judiciary (JC); Justice Council -HJ 00995
• Died in Committee on Judiciary (JC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.