CS/CS/CS/SB 638: Sheltering of Sex Offender/Predator
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations ; Community Affairs ; Criminal Justice ; Clary
Sheltering of Sex Offender/Predator; requires Emergency Management Div., in conjunction with specified agencies, to set forth policy guidance for sheltering of individuals designated as sexual predators or subject to registration as sexual offenders; requires sexual predators & individuals subject to registration as sexual offenders seeking shelter to adhere to specified guidelines & provisions; provides penalties, etc. Amends 252.35, 775.21, 943.0435.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Criminal Justice (JC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Judiciary; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00082
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/15/06, 1:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00260; CS read first time on 03/16/06 -SJ 00262
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00260
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/28/06, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00355; CS read first time on 03/30/06 -SJ 00358
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00355
• Withdrawn from Judiciary -SJ 00397; Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 309-C
• CS/CS/CS by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00504; CS read first time on 04/20/06 -SJ 00506
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00504
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00577; Read second time -SJ 00549
• Read third time -SJ 00613; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00613
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice (JC); State Administration Council -HJ 00995
• Died in Committee on Criminal Justice (JC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.