CS/SB 642: Lead Poisoning Prevention Act
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Miller ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Lead Poisoning Prevention Act; cites act as "Lead Poisoning Prevention Screening & Education Act"; provides for establishment of statewide comprehensive educational program on lead poisoning prevention; provides for public information initiative; requires establishment of screening program for early identification of persons at risk of elevated levels of lead in blood; provides for screening of children; provides contingencies for implementing educational program under act, etc. APPROPRIATION: $308,000.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Governmental Operations (SAC), Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1324 (Ch. 2006-269)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Care; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations; Ways and Means
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• Introduced, referred to Health Care; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00083; On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K; Favorable by Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/08/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00236; CS read first time on 03/15/06 -SJ 00247
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00236
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00374; Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00374
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means, 04/24/06, 12:00 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by- Ways and Means; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -SJ 00579
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00579
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00646; Read second time -SJ 00637
• Read third time -SJ 00665; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00666
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Governmental Operations (SAC); Health & Families Council -HJ 01212
• Died in Committee on Governmental Operations (SAC), Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 1324 (Ch. 2006-269)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.