CS/CS/SB 656: Consumer Report Information
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Commerce and Consumer Services ; Peaden ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Haridopolos ; Jones ; Fasano ; Baker ; Crist ; Lynn ; Aronberg
Consumer Report Information; defines "security freeze"; authorizes consumer to place security freeze on his or her consumer report; authorizes consumer to allow specified temporary access to his or her consumer report during security freeze; provides that credit balances that result from performance of or participation in check-clearing functions are not subject to certain reporting requirements, etc. Creates 501.005, 655.851.
Last Action: 4/26/2006 Senate - Read third time -SJ 00577; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00577; Substituted HB 37 -SJ 00577; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 37 (Ch. 2006-124)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Banking and Insurance
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Banking and Insurance -SJ 00083
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/15/06, 9:30 am, 401-S
• CS by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00260; CS read first time on 03/16/06 -SJ 00262
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 00260
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/28/06, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00355; CS read first time on 03/30/06 -SJ 00358
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00355
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00373; Read second time -SJ 00370
• Read third time -SJ 00577; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00577; Substituted HB 37 -SJ 00577; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 37 (Ch. 2006-124)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.