CS/SB 908: Change of Name
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Change of Name; requires that petition for change of name include two sets of fingerprints & processing fee; provides duties of clerk of court re forwarding sets of fingerprints to FDLE for purposes of state & national criminal history records check & following granting of petition; revises when hearing on change-of-name petition may occur. Amends 68.07.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 House - Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00096; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/25/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S; Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00191; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00191; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/08/06, 2:00 pm, 37-S; CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00194; CS read first time on 03/07/06 -SJ 00187; Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00194
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/18/06, 4:15 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00447
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00447
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00577; Read second time -SJ 00561
• Read third time -SJ 00616; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00616
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC); Justice Council -HJ 00998
• Died in Committee on Criminal Justice Appropriations (FC)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.