SB 114: Bullying/Harassment/Schools [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Baker ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bennett ; Bullard ; Jones ; Dockery ; Lawson ; Haridopolos
Bullying/Harassment/Schools [SPCC]; cites act as "Jeffrey Johnston Stand Up for All Students Act"; prohibits bullying or harassment during education programs or activities, on school buses, or through use of data or computer software accessed through computer systems of certain educational institutions; requires DOE approval of school district's policy & its compliance with reporting procedures as prerequisites to receipt of safe schools funds, etc. Creates 1006.147.
Last Action: 5/4/2007 Senate - Died in Committee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Criminal Justice; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/24/07, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 1; Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/20/07, 9:30 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Criminal Justice; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00013; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 01/24/07, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 00095; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00095; On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/20/07, 9:30 am, 401-S; Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00095; Now in Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00095
• Died in Committee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.