CS/HB 575: Bullying/Harassment/Public K-12 Schools
GENERAL BILL by Schools & Learning Council ; Thompson, N. ; Aubuchon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grimsley ; Gibbons ; Scionti ; Waldman ; Troutman ; Brandenburg ; Galvano ; Bean ; Legg ; Culp ; Kriseman ; Meadows ; Vana ; Williams, T. ; Porth ; Hooper ; Bucher ; Fitzgerald
Bullying/Harassment/Public K-12 Schools; cites act as "Jeffrey Johnston Stand Up for All Students Act"; prohibits bullying & harassment of any student or employee of public K-12 educational institution; requires DOE approval of school district's policy & school district compliance with reporting procedures as prerequisites to receipt of safe schools funds; provides for construction, etc. Creates 1006.147.
Last Action: 5/4/2007 Senate - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to K-12 (SL) by Schools & Learning Council
• Introduced, referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00046; Referred to K-12 (SL) by Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00123
• On Committee agenda-- K-12 (SL), 03/13/07, 10:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by K-12 (SL); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00216
• Now in Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00216
• On Council agenda-- Schools & Learning Council, 03/27/07, 1:00 pm, 212-K
• CS by Schools & Learning Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00305
• CS read 1st time on 03/29/07 -HJ 00302; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00311
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/05/07, 9:00 am, 212-K
• Favorable by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 30 NAYS 0 -HJ 00344
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00344
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00622; Read 3rd time -HJ 00622; CS passed; YEAS 110 NAYS 1 -HJ 00623
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.