CS/SB 2312: Florida False Claims Act [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Oelrich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist ; Gaetz
Florida False Claims Act [LPCC]; provides that purpose of said act is to prevent state from paying false & fraudulent claims; redefines term "claim" to include claims filed electronically; provides that person is liable for civil penalty if he or she files false or fraudulent claim; reduces time limits for false claim proceedings; revises period in which stay to conduct discovery may be granted, etc. Amends 68.081-.085,.089.
Last Action: 6/27/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-236
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00153
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/10/07, 9:30 am, 110-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 00329; CS read 1st time on 04/11/07 -SJ 00340
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00329; On Committee agenda-- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/17/07, 9:00 am, 37-S
• Favorable by- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00438; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00439
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00535
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00576; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00576
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00953
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for CS/HB 1595 -HJ 01004; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 01004; CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 01004
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00875
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-236
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.