CS/SB 2512: English for Speakers of Other Languages/Educators [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King ; Lynn ; Gaetz ; Crist
English for Speakers of Other Languages/Educators [SPCC]; specifies inservice requirements for educators who provide English for Speakers of Other Languages instruction. Creates 1012.587.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00179
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/10/07, 2:00 pm, 110-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 04/19/07, 1:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 00507; CS read 1st time on 04/20/07 -SJ 00513
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00507; On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations, 04/24/07, 8:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable by- Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 00544; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00544
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00630
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00699; CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00699
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01443; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 01443; CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 5 -HJ 01443
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01295
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules (2007-C), (2007-D), (2008 Regular Session) -SJ 00006, -SJ 00004, -SJ 00135
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.