CS/HB 531: Internet Predator Awareness Act
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Ambler ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rivera ; Kiar ; Kendrick ; Galvano ; Glorioso ; Garcia, L. ; Allen ; Porth ; Vana ; Roberson, Y ; Patronis
Internet Predator Awareness Act; creates said act; provides legislative findings; defines terms; requires certain disclosures by online dating services; provides clearinghouse for consumers; provides civil penalties & exclusions; provides directive to Statutory Revision Div.; provides severability. Creates 501.165-.171.
Last Action: 4/26/2007 House - Removed from Calendar; Withdrawn from further consideration -HJ 00751
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Environment & Natural Resources Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Agribusiness (ENR) by Environment & Natural Resources Council
• On Committee agenda-- Agribusiness (ENR), 02/21/07, 9:00 am, 28-H
• Favorable by Agribusiness (ENR); YEAS 9 NAYS 0; Now in Environment & Natural Resources Council
• Introduced, referred to Environment & Natural Resources Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00043; Referred to Agribusiness (ENR) by Environment & Natural Resources Council -HJ 00122; On Committee agenda-- Agribusiness (ENR), 02/21/07, 9:00 am, 28-H; Favorable by Agribusiness (ENR); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00130; Now in Environment & Natural Resources Council -HJ 00130
• On Council agenda-- Environment & Natural Resources Council, 03/14/07, 1:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable by Environment & Natural Resources Council; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00217
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00217
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/05/07, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 12 -HJ 00397
• CS read 1st time on 04/11/07 -HJ 00394; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00568
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Removed from Calendar; Withdrawn from further consideration -HJ 00751
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.