CS/CS/SB 642: Victims of Crime [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Crist ; Joyner
Victims of Crime [LPCC]; provides that alleged victims of sexual offenses may not be asked or required to submit to polygraph or other truth-telling examination as condition of proceeding with investigation of such offense; requires court to order HIV testing of certain defendants within specified period after request by victim; redefines term "crime" to include criminal acts committed outside state in another jurisdiction, etc. Amends 960.001,.003,.03,.28.
Last Action: 4/27/2007 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/HB 989 -SJ 00681; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 989 (Ch. 2007-129) -SJ 00681
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00043
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/10/07, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00330; CS read 1st time on 04/11/07 -SJ 00332
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00330
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/23/07, 1:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Judiciary (652156); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00543; Now in Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00543
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations, 04/24/07, 9:15 am, 37-S; CS/CS by- Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 00545; CS read 1st time on 04/25/07 -SJ 00549; Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00545
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/HB 989 -SJ 00681; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 989 (Ch. 2007-129) -SJ 00681
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.