CS/HB 989: Crime Victims [LPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Safety & Security Council ; Snyder ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jenne ; Harrell ; Dick ; Holder ; Carroll ; Porth ; Ambler ; Precourt
Crime Victims [LPCC]; provides that alleged victims of sexual offenses shall not be required to submit to polygraph or other truth-telling examination as condition of proceeding with investigation of such offense; provides that refusal of alleged victim to submit to such examination does not preclude investigation, charging, or prosecution of alleged offense; provides for presence of victim advocates during forensic medical examinations, etc. Amends Ch. 960.
Last Action: 6/13/2007 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-129
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Introduced, referred to Safety & Security Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00071
• Referred to Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00175
• On Committee agenda-- Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS), 03/21/07, 8:00 am, 116-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Homeland Security & Public Safety (SS); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00245; Now in Safety & Security Council -HJ 00245
• On Council agenda-- Safety & Security Council, 04/11/07, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by Safety & Security Council; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 00453
• CS read 1st time on 04/13/07 -HJ 00451; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00492
• On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/23/07, 9:15 am, 212-K
• Favorable by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 26 NAYS 0 -HJ 00642
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00642
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00759
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00802; CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 00802
• In Messages; Received, referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00688; Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations -SJ 00681; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 642 -SJ 00681; Read 2nd time -SJ 00681
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00701; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00701
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00890
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2007-129
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.