CS/CS/SB 920: Cosmetology [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Higher Education Appropriations ; Regulated Industries ; Wise ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Cosmetology [EPCC]; revises registration & licensure requirements re cosmetology services; redefines "cosmetology" to include hair technician, esthetician, & nail technician services; defines terms "cosmetology intern" & "internship sponsor", etc. Amends Ch. 477; creates 477.0131,.0231; repeals 477.0201. APPROPRIATION: $60,149.
Last Action: 5/2/2008 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Higher Education; Higher Education Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Higher Education; Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 00055
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/20/07, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 00236; CS read 1st time on 03/22/07 -SJ 00239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Remaining references corrected to Higher Education; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00242; Now in Higher Education
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 04/19/07, 1:15 pm, 37-S
• CS/CS by Higher Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 1 -SJ 00507; CS read 1st time on 04/20/07 -SJ 00509
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00507; On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/24/07, 8:15 am, 401-S
• Favorable by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00544
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00544
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00587
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00641; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 00642; Immediately certified -SJ 00642
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01013; Placed on Special Order Calendar -HJ 01012; Substituted for CS/CS/HB 117 -HJ 01016; Read 2nd and 3rd times -HJ 01016; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 01016
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00875
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules (2007-B), (2007-C), (2007-D), (2008 Regular Session) -SJ 00003, -SJ 00016, -SJ 00005, -SJ 00002
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.