CS/CS/SB 1012: Health Insurance Claims Payments [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baker ; Fasano ; Posey ; Oelrich ; Bennett ; Ring ; Lynn ; Storms
Health Insurance Claims Payments [EPCC]; Authorizes the Office of Insurance Regulation to waive the requirement that each multiple-employer welfare arrangement maintain its principal place of business in this state if the arrangement meets certain specified conditions and has a minimum specified fund balance at the time of licensure. Provides requirements, limitations, and procedures for leasing, renting, or granting access to participating providers by third parties, etc.
Last Action: 6/23/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-212; See also CS/CS/SB 2012 (Ch. 2008-220)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce; Health Policy; General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/19/08, 1:45 pm, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 1
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce; Health Policy; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00064; On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/19/08, 1:45 pm, 412-K; CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -SJ 00131; CS read 1st time on 03/04/08 -SJ 00126; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Remaining references corrected to Commerce; Health Regulation; Health Policy; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00191; Now in Commerce; On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/11/08, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable with 3 amendment(s) by Commerce (578626, 430208, 457874); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00248
• Now in Health Regulation -SJ 00248
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 03/26/08, 1:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Health Regulation (786384); YEAS 7 NAYS 1 -SJ 00372
• Now in Health Policy -SJ 00372; On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 04/01/08, 3:30 pm, 301-S
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00389
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00389
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/10/08, 2:30 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00619; CS read 1st time on 04/16/08 -SJ 00625
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00739; Amendment(s) adopted (182378) -SJ 00739; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00741
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00795; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00795; Immediately certified -SJ 00795
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00864
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 405 -HJ 00919; Read 2nd time -HJ 00919
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01040; CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 01040
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00979
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-212; See also CS/CS/SB 2012 (Ch. 2008-220)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.