CS/CS/SB 1076: Motor Vehicles and Mobile Homes/Destruction [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Storms ; Justice ; Lynn ; Crist
Motor Vehicles and Mobile Homes/Destruction [EPCC]; Revises provisions regarding the sale, transfer, or delivery of a vehicle to a salvage motor vehicle dealer or to a secondary metals recycler to require that a valid certificate of title, a valid salvage certificate of title, or a valid certificate of destruction, all issued in the name of the seller or properly endorsed over to the seller, accompany a motor vehicle, recreational vehicle, or mobile home, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-170
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Commerce; Criminal Justice; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/04/08, 2:15 pm, 37-S
• Introduced, referred to Transportation; Commerce; Criminal Justice; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00067; On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/04/08, 2:15 pm, 37-S; Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00161
• Now in Commerce -SJ 00161
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/11/08, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00248; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00248
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/18/08, 2:15 pm, 401-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00289; CS read 1st time on 03/20/08 -SJ 00320
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00289
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/15/08, 2:15 pm, 309-C
• CS/CS by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00619; CS read 1st time on 04/16/08 -SJ 00625
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00619
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00750
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00794; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00794
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00974
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01172
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01299; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01299
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01094
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-170
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.