CS/HB 1203: Educational Opportunity for Military Children [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Schools & Learning Council ; Proctor ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Ambler ; Harrell ; Hukill ; Jordan ; Kiar ; Legg ; Meadows ; Sachs ; Schenck ; Zapata
Educational Opportunity for Military Children [SPCC]; Directs Governor to execute Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children; provides requirements relating to student records & enrollment, placement & attendance, & eligibility for graduation; creates interstate commission & specifies powers & duties; requires Secretary of State to furnish enrolled act to member states; authorizes designation of Compact Commissioner & Military Family Education Liaison, etc.
Last Action: 6/23/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-225
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00098
• Referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00218
• Referred to Education Innovation & Career Preparation (SL) by Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00281
• On Committee agenda-- Education Innovation & Career Preparation (SL), 03/18/08, 9:00 am, 116-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education Innovation & Career Preparation (SL); YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00300; Now in Schools & Learning Council -HJ 00300
• On Council agenda-- Schools & Learning Council, 03/25/08, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS by Schools & Learning Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00350
• CS read 1st time on 03/27/08 -HJ 00349; CS filed
• Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00361; On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 04/01/08, 1:15 pm, 212-K
• Favorable by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 31 NAYS 0 -HJ 00370; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00370
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00576
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00649; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00649; CS passed as amended; YEAS 107 NAYS 1 -HJ 00650
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Military Affairs and Domestic Security; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00858
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Military Affairs and Domestic Security; Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations -SJ 00925; Substituted for CS/SB 2546 -SJ 00925; Read 2nd time -SJ 00925
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00940; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00940
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01186
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-225
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.