CS/HB 1205: Motor Vehicle Warranty Associations
GENERAL BILL by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council ; Richardson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Homan
Motor Vehicle Warranty Associations; Defines term "motor vehicle manufacturer"; exempts specified motor vehicle manufacturers from specified licensing requirements; requires OIR to develop abbreviated form for statistical reporting of sales of service agreements by motor vehicle manufacturers in lieu of other financial reports; revises criteria for required detailed warranty register of warranties in force; revises warranty holder information requirements, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2008 House - Substituted CS/CS/SB 2264; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 2264 (Ch. 2008-178) -HJ 01303
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00098
• Referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00218
• Referred to Insurance (JE) by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00227
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance (JE), 03/20/08, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Insurance (JE); YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00320
• Now in Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00320
• On Council agenda-- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council, 03/27/08, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00366
• CS read 1st time on 03/31/08 -HJ 00365; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00777; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00777
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 2264; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 2264 (Ch. 2008-178) -HJ 01303
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.