CS/SB 2582: Motor Vehicle Dealers [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; Haridopolos
Motor Vehicle Dealers [EPCC]; Prohibits licensees from certain actions intended to coerce a dealer to improve its facilities after the licensee has approved those facilities. Allows licensees to offer certain loan or grant programs to induce the dealer to relocate or improve the existing facilities, if such inducement is not discriminatory or designed to force the dealer to do so, etc.
Last Action: 5/28/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-62
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Commerce; Regulated Industries -SJ 00279; On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 03/18/08, 9:00 am, 401-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Commerce (408254, 486140); YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00287
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 00287
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/08/08, 9:30 am, 110-S --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/15/08, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS by- Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00687; CS read 1st time on 04/17/08 -SJ 00692
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00687
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00750; Amendment(s) adopted (804822, 291400) -SJ 00751; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00751
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00794; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00794
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00978
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01148; Read 3rd time -HJ 01148; CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01149
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00979
• Substituted for CS/HB 1269 -HJ 01818
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-62
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.