CS/CS/HB 343: Financial Services [EPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Policy & Budget Council ; Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council ; Carroll ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Chestnut ; Davis ; Dick ; Kreegel ; Precourt ; Richardson ; Richter
Financial Services [EPCC]; Defines debt cancellation product; authorizes specified entities to offer debt cancellation products but prohibits requiring such products as condition for financial transactions; includes debt cancellation products under casualty insurance; authorizes specified entities to offer debt cancellation products; specifies such products as not constituting insurance; revises limitations on amount of authorized insurance for debtors, etc.
Last Action: 5/28/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-75
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Referred to Financial Institutions (JE) by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council
• On Committee agenda-- Financial Institutions (JE), 02/21/08, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Financial Institutions (JE); YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council
• Introduced, referred to Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00031; Referred to Financial Institutions (JE) by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00130; On Committee agenda-- Financial Institutions (JE), 02/21/08, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall; Favorable by Financial Institutions (JE); YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -HJ 00142; Now in Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council -HJ 00142; On Council agenda-- Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council, 03/06/08, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Jobs & Entrepreneurship Council; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 00213
• CS read 1st time on 03/07/08 -HJ 00212; CS filed; Now in Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00213, -HJ 00218; On Council agenda-- Policy & Budget Council, 03/11/08, 1:00 pm, 212-K
• CS/CS by- Policy & Budget Council; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -HJ 00283
• CS read 1st time on 03/12/08 -HJ 00280; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00283
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00337; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00338; Read 3rd time -HJ 00338; CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 00338
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00777
• Received -SJ 00777; Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00747; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 818 -SJ 00748; Read 2nd time -SJ 00748
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00791; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00791
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00967
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-75
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.