CS/CS/SB 498: Agency Inspectors General [RPCC]
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Governmental Operations ; Bennett
Agency Inspectors General [RPCC]; Requires agency inspectors general to comply with certain principles and standards. Requires an inspector general to submit findings of audits and investigations to specified persons or entities. Prohibits agency staff from preventing or prohibiting the inspector general from initiating, carrying out, or completing any audit or investigation, etc.
Last Action: 4/25/2008 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00836; Amendment(s) adopted (927262, 471738, 292716) -SJ 00837; Substituted CS/HB 165 -SJ 00837; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 165 (Ch. 2008-183) -SJ 00837
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Operations; General Government Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Operations; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00033
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Operations, 03/27/08, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Operations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00391; CS read 1st time on 04/02/08 -SJ 00393
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00391
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/22/08, 10:00 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by- General Government Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00819; CS read 1st time on 04/24/08 -SJ 00820
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00819
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00836; Amendment(s) adopted (927262, 471738, 292716) -SJ 00837; Substituted CS/HB 165 -SJ 00837; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/HB 165 (Ch. 2008-183) -SJ 00837
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.