CS/CS/SB 564: Automated External Defibrillators [SPCC]
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Health Regulation ; Constantine ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King ; Lynn ; Baker
Automated External Defibrillators [SPCC]; Revises provisions relating to the maintenance of and training requirements for the use of automated external defibrillators. Revises provisions encouraging notice of the location of such defibrillators to the medical director of the local emergency medical services. Revises requirements for civil immunity for the use or attempted use of a defibrillator on a victim of a perceived medical emergency, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2008 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-101
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 02/06/08, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2)
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/05/08, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Introduced, referred to Health Regulation; Judiciary -SJ 00036; On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 02/06/08, 9:00 am, 401-S; CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00132; CS read 1st time on 03/04/08 -SJ 00125; Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2); Now in Judiciary -SJ 00132; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/05/08, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00170; CS read 1st time on 03/11/08 -SJ 00186
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2); Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 00170, -SJ 00190
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -SJ 00197
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00259; CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00259
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00971
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 01172
• Read 3rd time -HJ 01273; CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01273
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01094
• Substituted for CS/HB 243 -HJ 01818
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2008-101
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.