HB 757: Physical Education in the Public Schools
GENERAL BILL by Davis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Homan ; Sachs
Physical Education in the Public Schools; (THIS BILL COMBINED IN CS/H1163 & H757) Requires district school boards to provide physical education for students in grades 6 through 8; specifies weekly hour requirements.
Last Action: 4/10/2008 House - Original bill laid on Table, under Rule 7.19, refer to combined CS/CS/HB 1163 (Died in House) -HJ 00258
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council
• Introduced, referred to Schools & Learning Council; Policy & Budget Council -HJ 00061
• PCS on Council agenda-- Schools & Learning Council, 04/08/08, 9:00 am, 212-K
• CS combines this bill with 1163; CS by Schools & Learning Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -HJ 00458
• Original bill laid on Table, under Rule 7.19, refer to combined CS/CS/HB 1163 (Died in House) -HJ 00258
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.