CS/HB 857: Homeowners' Rights
GENERAL BILL by Safety & Security Council ; Nehr ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Harrell ; Homan
Homeowners' Rights; Revises section of law relating to right of homeowners to peaceably assemble, display specified flags & signs, construct access ramps, & be protected from SLAPP suits; authorizes homeowners to display certain flags in specified manner & to erect certain flagpoles for such display; provides for application of section to homeowners' associations & community development districts.
Last Action: 4/17/2008 House - Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/SB 1378; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 1378 (Ch. 2008-45) -HJ 00577
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Safety & Security Council
• Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council
• On Committee agenda-- Courts (SS), 03/05/08, 8:30 am, 216-C
• Introduced, referred to Safety & Security Council -HJ 00067; Referred to Courts (SS) by Safety & Security Council -HJ 00135; On Committee agenda-- Courts (SS), 03/05/08, 8:30 am, 216-C
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Courts (SS); YEAS 3 NAYS 1 -HJ 00193; Now in Safety & Security Council -HJ 00193
• On Council agenda-- Safety & Security Council, 03/19/08, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by- Safety & Security Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00327
• CS read 1st time on 03/25/08 -HJ 00326; CS filed
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 00349
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted CS/SB 1378; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/SB 1378 (Ch. 2008-45) -HJ 00577
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.