CS/HB 109: Excise Tax on Documents [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Council ; Jenne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Gaetz ; Hudson ; Schwartz
Excise Tax on Documents [SPSC]; Excludes unpaid indebtedness from taxable consideration for short sales of real property; defines term "short sale."
Last Action: 5/7/2010 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2010-32; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7157 (Ch. 2010-138)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Finance & Tax Council; Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council
• On Council agenda-- Finance & Tax Council, 03/03/10, 1:30 pm, 404-H
• Introduced, referred to Finance & Tax Council; Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council -HJ 00017; On Council agenda-- Finance & Tax Council, 03/03/10, 1:30 pm, 404-H
• CS by Finance & Tax Council; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 00218
• CS read 1st time on 03/04/10 -HJ 00215; Pending review of CS under Rule 7.20
• Now in Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council -HJ 00224
• On Council agenda-- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council, 03/16/10, 10:15 am, 404-H
• Favorable by- Criminal & Civil Justice Policy Council; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 00302; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00302
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read 2nd time -HJ 00668
• Read 3rd time -HJ 00690; CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 00690; Immediately certified -HJ 00714
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 00717; Referred to Judiciary; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00717
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00789; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 234 -SJ 00789; Read 2nd time -SJ 00789
• Read 3rd time -SJ 00812; CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 00812
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 01092
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 01700
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2010-32; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7157 (Ch. 2010-138)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.