CS/CS/SB 664: Property Taxation [WPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax ; Community Affairs ; Altman ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bennett ; Storms
Property Taxation [WPSC]; Tolls the statute of limitations relating to proceedings involving tax lien certificates or tax deeds by the period of an intervening bankruptcy. Revises provisions relating to applications for tax deeds. Provides that the authority of the governing body of a county or municipality to grant certain ad valorem tax exemptions may be renewed for multiple 10-year periods upon approval by referendum, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1752 (Ch. 2010-147)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/04/10, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Finance and Tax; Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00051; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/04/10, 1:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 00190; CS read 1st time on 03/11/10 -SJ 00237
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute); Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 00190
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/16/10, 9:00 am, 301-S
• CS/CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00270; CS read 1st time on 03/18/10 -SJ 00271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00270
• Withdrawn from Policy & Steering Committee on Ways and Means -SJ 00702; Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1752 (Ch. 2010-147)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.