CS/SB 1152: Limited Liability Companies
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Simmons
Limited Liability Companies; Provides that a charging order against a member's limited liability company interest is the sole and exclusive remedy available to enforce a judgment creditor's unsatisfied judgment against a member or member's assignee. Provides that, in the case of a multimember limited liability company, certain remedies are unavailable to a judgment creditor attempting to satisfy a judgment. Provides for construction relating to secured creditor rights, specified principles of law and equity, and continuing enforcement jurisdiction of the court, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 253 (Ch. 2011-77) -SJ 600
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary; Banking and Insurance -SJ 87
• Introduced -SJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/16/11, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 235
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 235
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 299
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/25/11, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 482
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 600
• Substituted CS/HB 253 -SJ 600
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 253 (Ch. 2011-77) -SJ 600
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.