HB 1351: South Broward Drainage District, Broward County
LOCAL BILL by Jenne
South Broward Drainage District, Broward County; Revises & provides definitions; conforms terminology; updates obsolete provisions; revises inconsistent provisions; revises method of deciding elections in event of a tie; clarifies language regarding imposition of district assessments & taxes; clarifies type of property subject to district rules, criteria, & regulations; authorizes board to take action required of district by another governmental agency; requires district to take water control elevations into consideration for all projects within district, etc.
• Introduced -HJ 122
• Referred to Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 04/01/11, 8:45 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 409
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 409
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 04/12/11, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 615
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 615
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, Reed Hall --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/21/11, 11:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 766
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 766
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 821
• Read 3rd time -HJ 821
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 821
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 577
• Referred to Rules -SJ 577
• Placed on Local Calendar, 05/02/11
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 648
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Read 2nd time -SJ 650
• Read 3rd time -SJ 650
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 668
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1005
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-264
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.