CS/SB 1574: Business Enterprise Opportunities/Wartime Veterans
GENERAL BILL by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Latvala ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman
Business Enterprise Opportunities/Wartime Veterans; Revises legislative intent. Renames and revises the Florida Service-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise Opportunity Act to expand the vendor preference in state contracting to include certain businesses owned and operated by wartime veterans or veterans of a period of war.
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 176
• Introduced -SJ 176
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 04/05/11, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 408
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 412
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 408
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/14/11, 11:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 468
• Now in Budget -SJ 468
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 05/03/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 755
• Read 3rd time -SJ 755
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 755
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.