HB 4159: State Attorneys
GENERAL BILL by Ray
State Attorneys; Deletes provision that requires each state attorney to quarterly submit deviation memoranda relating to offenders who are not sentenced to mandatory minimum prison sentence in cases involving possession or use of weapon & why defendant did not receive mandatory minimum prison sentence in cases involving certain specified offenses; repeals provisions relating to criteria to be used when state attorneys decide to pursue habitual felony offenders or habitual violent felony offenders, etc.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 138
• Introduced -HJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 281
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 281
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/31/11, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 399
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 629
• Read 3rd time -HJ 629
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 629
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 779
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 779
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Judiciary -SJ 748
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1092 -SJ 748
• Read 2nd time -SJ 748
• Amendment(s) adopted (352434) -SJ 748
• Read 3rd time -SJ 749
• Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 749
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (352434) -HJ 1144
• Passed as amended; YEAS 93 NAYS 21 -HJ 1145
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1145
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-200
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.