SB 420: OGSR/Florida Center for Brain Tumor Research
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Health Regulation
OGSR/Florida Center for Brain Tumor Research; Provides that personal identifying information pertaining to a donor to the central repository for brain tumor biopsies or the brain tumor registry of the Florida Center for Brain Tumor Research is confidential and exempt from public records requirements. Provides an exception under certain conditions for information disclosed to a person engaged in bona fide research. Provides for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7079 (2011-203) -SJ 591
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• SPB 7000 submitted as a committee bill (SB 420) by Health Regulation
• Referred to Health Regulation; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 02/08/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 117
• Introduced -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/23/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 286
• Now in Rules -SJ 286
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Original reference(s)- removed: Rules -SJ 461
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 590
• Substituted HB 7079 -SJ 591
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7079 (2011-203) -SJ 591
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.