CS/HB 467: Entities Contracting with the Medicaid Program
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Albritton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Boyd ; Corcoran ; Gaetz ; Kreegel ; Passidomo ; Pilon ; Roberson ; Rooney ; Rouson ; Stargel ; Steube
Entities Contracting with the Medicaid Program; Exempts certain entities providing services solely to Medicaid recipients under Medicaid contract from being subject to premium tax imposed on premiums, contributions, & assessments received by prepaid limited health service organizations; provides for prospective operation; specifies that act does not provide basis for relief from or assessment of taxes not paid, or for determining any denial of or right to refund of taxes paid, prior to effective date.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2144 (Ch. 2011-61)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to HHS Quality Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 45
• Introduced -HJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee, 03/15/11, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 240
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 04/05/11, 11:45 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 453
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 449
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 587
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 587
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/13/11, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 644
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 644
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/20/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 710
• Amendment(s) adopted (722663) -HJ 710
• Read 3rd time -HJ 710
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 710
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2144 (Ch. 2011-61)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.