CS/HJR 47: Judicial Qualifications
JOINT RESOLUTION by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Porth ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McBurney
Judicial Qualifications; Amends s. 8, Art. V & creates s. 32, Art. XII of State Constitution to increase amount of time from 5 to 8 years that person must be member of Florida Bar before becoming eligible for office of circuit court or county court judge; provides that amendment does not affect any judge in office on effective date of amendment; provides that any judge qualified to hold office & in office before amendment is effective may remain in office & seek reelection to that office; provides schedule.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 10
• Introduced -HJ 10
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 04/01/11, 8:45 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 415
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 410
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 450
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.