SB 568: OGSR/Court Records/Court Monitors/Guardianship
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary
OGSR/Court Records/Court Monitors/Guardianship; Amends provisions relating to public record exemptions for court records relating to court monitors in guardianship proceedings. Consolidates provisions. Provides that orders appointing nonemergency court monitors are exempt rather than confidential and exempt. Provides that only court orders finding no probable cause are confidential and exempt. Saves the exemptions from repeal under the Open Government Sunset Review Act. Removes the scheduled repeal of the exemption.
Last Action: 4/29/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7085 (Ch. 2011-204) -SJ 592
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• SPB 7006 submitted as a committee bill (SB 568) by Judiciary
• Referred to Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/22/11, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 117
• Introduced -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/23/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 286
• Now in Rules -SJ 286
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Original reference(s)- removed: Rules -SJ 461
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 592
• Substituted HB 7085 -SJ 592
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7085 (Ch. 2011-204) -SJ 592
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.