HB 639: Affordable Housing
GENERAL BILL by Aubuchon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bernard ; Campbell ; Dorworth ; Ford ; Fullwood ; Garcia, L. ; Gibbons ; Harrell ; Jones, M. ; Nehr ; O'Toole ; Pafford ; Porth ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Sands ; Snyder ; Steinberg ; Thompson, G. ; Van Zant ; Williams, T.
Affordable Housing; Provides housing finance authority with additional purpose for which it may exercise power to borrow; revises provisions relating to local comprehensive plans to authorize inclusion of element for affordable housing for certain seniors; provides for disposition of real property by local government for certain purposes; revises allocation of certain proceeds distributed from excise tax on documents that are paid into State Treasury to credit of State Housing Trust Fund, etc.
Last Action: 6/23/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-189, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2156 (Ch. 2011-142)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee, 03/08/11, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 56
• Favorable by Community and Military Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 187
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 187
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 273
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/24/11, 8:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 313
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 313
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/29/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 345
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 372
• Passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 372
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 713
• Referred to Community Affairs; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Budget -SJ 714
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Budget -SJ 776
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 912 -SJ 776
• Read 2nd time -SJ 776
• Read 3rd time -SJ 777
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 777
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1102
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-189, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2156 (Ch. 2011-142)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.