CS/HB 7151: Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; K-20 Innovation Subcommittee ; Stargel
Postsecondary Education; Revises various provisions relating to postsecondary education, including disposal of personal property lost or abandoned on university or Florida College System institution campus & disposition of proceeds from sale of such property, duties of Florida College System institution boards of trustees, Higher Education Coordinating Council, use of test scores & procedures for assessment of certain skills, articulation policies, requirements for postsecondary degrees, & requirements relating to common placement testing, etc.
Last Action: 6/17/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-177, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2150 (Ch. 2011-63)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 278
• Referred to Education Committee -HJ 311
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/13/11, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 3 -HJ 740
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 737
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 760
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 871
• Amendment(s) adopted (137819, 679791, 827249) -HJ 871
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 980
• Amendment(s) adopted (178521, 255969) -HJ 981
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 102 NAYS 13 -HJ 981
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 722
• Referred to Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 722
• Withdrawn from Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 772
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1732 -SJ 772
• Read 2nd time -SJ 772
• Amendment(s) adopted (561840, 878218)
• Read 3rd time -SJ 775
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 775
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) failed (893449) -HJ 1173
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (878218) -HJ 1170, 1171
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 90 NAYS 27 -HJ 1173
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1174
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-177, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2150 (Ch. 2011-63)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.