CS/CS/SB 1316: Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Health Regulation ; Gaetz ; Thrasher
Health Care; Revising the fine that may be imposed against a home health agency for failing to timely submit certain information to the Agency for Health Care Administration; authorizing the agency to review and analyze information from sources other than Medicaid-enrolled providers for purposes of determining fraud, abuse, overpayment, or neglect; authorizing the agency and the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit to review certain records; requiring the agency to submit a report to the Legislature on adverse incident reports from assisted living facilities; revising the federal offenses for which the Department of Health must issue an emergency order suspending the license of certain health care professionals; revising certain prohibited acts regarding an optometrist conducting surgery and dispensing, administering, ordering, supplying, or selling certain drugs, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 517 (Ch. 2012-61), CS/CS/HB 653 (Ch. 2012-64), CS/CS/CS/HB 711 (Ch. 2012-66), CS/CS/CS/HB 943 (Ch. 2012-73), CS/CS/CS/HB 1263 (Ch. 2012-184)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations (BHA)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Budget -SJ 143
• Introduced -SJ 143
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 01/31/12, 15 minutes after adjournment, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 02/09/12, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Regulation; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 500
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Regulation read 1st time -SJ 505
• Remaining references corrected to Judiciary; Budget -SJ 519
• Now in Judiciary
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/16/12, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 523
• Now in Budget -SJ 523
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 674
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 722
• Now in Budget -SJ 722
• CS/CS by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 723
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 743
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 517 (Ch. 2012-61), CS/CS/HB 653 (Ch. 2012-64), CS/CS/CS/HB 711 (Ch. 2012-66), CS/CS/CS/HB 943 (Ch. 2012-73), CS/CS/CS/HB 1263 (Ch. 2012-184)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.