CS/SB 192: Special Districts
GENERAL BILL by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax ; Bennett
Special Districts; Revising provisions relating to merger and dissolution procedures for special districts; requiring the merger or dissolution of dependent special districts created by a special act to be effectuated by the Legislature; providing for the merger or dissolution of inactive special districts by special act without referenda; providing dissolution procedures for active independent special districts by special acts and referenda; providing procedures and requirements for the voluntary merger of contiguous independent special districts; deleting a provision relating to the conditions under which the merger of independent special districts or dependent fire control districts with other special districts is effective and the conditions under which a merged district is authorized to increase ad valorem taxes, etc.
Last Action: 2/29/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 107 (Ch. 2012-16)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 10/19/11, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 110
• Now in Budget -SJ 110
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 108
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• Introduced -SJ 23
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 02/01/12, 10:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Budget -SJ 325
• CS by Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 329
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/27/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 688
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 707
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 107 -SJ 707
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 107 (Ch. 2012-16)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.