CS/CS/CS/SB 206: Public Meetings
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Rules ; Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections ; Negron ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Evers ; Lynn
Public Meetings; Requiring that a member of the public be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard before a board or commission takes official action on a proposition before a board or commission of any state agency or authority or of any agency or authority of any county, municipal corporation, or political subdivision; providing that the opportunity to be heard is subject to rules or policies adopted by the board or commission; authorizing a court to assess reasonable attorney fees in actions filed against a board or commission, etc.
- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Rules (RC)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• Referred to Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; Rules; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections, 01/11/12, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 24
• CS by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 136
• Now in Rules -SJ 136
• CS by Rules Subcommittee on Ethics and Elections read 1st time -SJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/23/12, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 264
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 269
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/01/12, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS/CS by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 326
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 326
• CS/CS/CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 329
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/13/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 494
• Amendment(s) adopted (111746, 458634) -SJ 494
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 494
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 513
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 513
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.