CS/HB 291: Youth Athletes
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee ; Renuart ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jones, M. ; Tobia
Youth Athletes; Requires independent sanctioning authority for youth athletic teams & FHSAA to adopt guidelines, bylaws, & policies relating to nature & risk of concussion & head injury in youth athletes; requires informed consent for participation in practice or competition; requires removal from practice or competition under certain circumstances & written medical clearance to return; requires FHSAA to adopt bylaws for establishment & duties of sports medicine advisory committee; specifies membership.
• Referred to K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 30
• Introduced -HJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 1 -HJ 282
• Now in Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee, 01/30/12, 2:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 319
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 317
• CS by Health and Human Services Access Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 312
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/13/12, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 601
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 601
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 712
• Amendment(s) adopted (714285) -HJ 713
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 760
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 760
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 840
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Health Regulation; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 840
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Health Regulation; Budget Subcommittee on Education Pre-K - 12 Appropriations; Budget -SJ 965
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 965
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 256 -SJ 966
• Read 2nd time -SJ 966
• Read 3rd time -SJ 966
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 966
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1244
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-167
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.