HB 347: College Credit for Military Training and Education Courses
GENERAL BILL by Harrell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Adkins ; Brandes ; Dorworth ; Eisnaugle ; Fullwood ; Gaetz ; Hager ; Julien ; Kiar ; Kriseman ; Metz ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Renuart ; Rooney ; Smith ; Stargel
College Credit for Military Training and Education Courses; Requires Board of Governors of SUS & State Board of Education to adopt regulations & rules, respectively, that enable U.S. Armed Forces servicemembers to earn college credit for college-level training & education acquired in military.
• Referred to K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 35
• Introduced -HJ 35
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/24/12, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by K-20 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 282
• Now in Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee, 02/03/12, 9:00 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking and Regulation Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 466
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/14/12, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 601
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 601
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/16/12, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 683
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 683
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 730
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 781
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 782
• In Messages
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget
• Received -SJ 682
• Withdrawn from Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 694
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 694
• Substituted for SB 532 -SJ 694
• Read 2nd time -SJ 694
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 714
• Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 714
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1059
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-169
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.